The storage space of Vega and Hydra is exclusively intended for data used in or resulting from computations carried out by the user. It is strictly forbidden to store any personal data in our systems, except for the cases listed below.
‘personal data’ means any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person (‘data subject’); an identifiable natural person is one who can be identified, directly or indirectly, in particular by reference to an identifier such as a name, an identification number, location data, an online identifier or to one or more factors specific to the physical, physiological, genetic, mental, economic, cultural or social identity of that natural person; (Art. 4 GDPR).
Researchers working with personal data¶
Researchers performing computations with datasets containing personal data have to file their research into the register of processing activities of their university. Please contact the Data Protection Officer for more information
- ULB DPO
- Email: email@example.com
- Website: http://www.ulb.ac.be/ulb/greffe/documents/rgpd.html
- Erasme DPO
- VUB DPO
Data of former users¶
Users leaving the institution granting them access to the computing facilities of SISC will loose access to their account and data in the following terms
- Once notification of departure is received by SISC
- account is automatically closed
- 6 months after departure
- all data in the home directory of the user is archived in the systems of SISC
- 12 months after departure
- all archived data of the user is deleted from the systems of SISC
All data left in the storage of Vega and Hydra outside of the home directory will be considered data belonging to the institution that hosted the former user. Therefore, the head of the respective unit will become responsible for the management of that data.
Data Transfer Request Form:
- Name of the person requesting the data transfer: - Username of the owner of the data: - Username of the recipient: - Description of the data being transferred (file formats, generic contents, research project): - Current location of the data: